My Vision for District 50
TO PROVIDE QUALITY, AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE
Nina believes access to affordable, quality healthcare should be a right, not a privilege. She will work to:
- Expand Medicaid to cover the more than 800 thousand uninsured Floridians.
- Make access to mental health readily available for all.
- Provide better care options for the elderly.
- Prioritize care for those affected by the ongoing Opioid crisis.
- Defend women’s reproductive rights.
TO PROTECT AND IMPROVE OUR PUBLIC EDUCATION SYSTEM
Nina understands our state’s need to invest in the development of tomorrow’s leaders. She will work to:
- Fully fund our public K-12 public schools as well as vocational and technical schools.
- Increase wages for teachers and other school staff members.
- Cut excessive testing.
- Protect and increase funding for the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship.
- Make our schools safer while opposing arming teachers.
TO CONSERVE OUR ENVIRONMENT
Nina considers climate change to be a significant cause of concern, understanding the value of protecting Florida’s natural resources. She will work to:
- Ban fracking.
- Make our state a global leader in renewable energy innovation, especially in regards to solar energy.
- Achieve environmental justice for marginalized communities.
- Clean our water sources, including our coast and rivers.
Passionate Educator, Community-Driven Leader